I just love these origami stars! They're a bit tricky to get your head round at first but with a bit of practice, you'll be churning them out!
These are great to use as Christmas decorations too!
For this one print:-
The origami star music sheet onto quality white paper such as Print Perfect 90
The background square sheet onto a medium-weight paper/card such as Print Perfect 160
To make the card:-
Cut out one of the background square and stick it to a larger piece of metallic card with double-sided tape before trimming round with a craft knife and ruler to leave a small border. Stick the piece to a 13.5cm square card blank (Anita's square card blanks are perfect for this).
To fold the stars:-
1. Cut out one of the pentagons with a sharp craft knife and ruler.
2. White-side up, fold up one of the flat sides until you see the inner pentagon line and crease sharply on that line (not all the way across).
3. Repeat step 2 around the pentagon until all the lines have been creased.
4. Your paper should now look something like this.
5. Now, lining up two adjoining straight edges, crease the paper from the inner pentagon to one of the points (not all the way across).
6. Repeat around the pentagon - you will end up with a kind of bowl shape like this.
7. Now the tricky bit. Pinch in one of the points and, keeping the inner pentagon flat to your worksurface, push the point to the left and fold it flat.
8. Repeat around the pentagon.
9. When you have creased all the points, you will be able to push them down so that you end up with something that looks like this. Fold flat and crease well.
10. On the other side it will look like this.
11. Now, keeping it the same way up as in step 10, fold each point of the inner pentagon to the centre dot and crease the paper to the point of the star. A cocktail stick will help you to get an accurate point.
12. Repeat around the star.
13. When you get to the last one you'll need to unfold the first one a little to be able to fold it all into place.
These are quite tricky to do and will probably need some practice to get it right - but the results are well worth it!
For this card you'll need to make all three stars from the sheet.
To finish the card:-
Make little loops of silver elasticated cord with a little dab of strong tacky glue and when dry, add them to the back of each star with further tacky glue.
Add the stars to the card with double-sided tape or carefully applied tacky glue.
If you want to be able to take the stars off to use as tree decorations, use a removable adhesive to fix them.
Add a greeting if required.