This little stocking is so cute! Make it in plain red or with polka dots using different papers from the Origami Christmas DVD.
For this one print:-
One of the stocking sheets onto quality white paper such as Print Perfect 90
The stocking background sheet onto medium weight paper/card such as Print Perfect 160
To make the card:-
Stick one of the backgrounds onto a white card blank with double-sided tape. If you want to add a metallic card border, cut out one of the backgrounds without the border, stick the piece to metallic card and trim round with a craft knife and ruler before sticking it to the background with the border.
To fold the stocking:-
I've printed the stocking for these stage pictures onto printer paper, as you can see from the wrinkles in the pictures. This is why you should print onto a better quality, heavier-weight paper than this!
1. Cut out the stocking piece with a sharp craft knife and ruler.
2. Fold forward the left-hand white part and crease sharply - this forms the 'fur' trim at the top of the stocking.
3. Now fold back the top and bottom white parts.
4. Now fold the whole piece lengthways.
5. Emboss the dotted lines on the piece with an embossing tool or similar.
6. Fold over the piece on the long diagonal line, crease sharply and then unfold.
7. Fold on the vertical line and unfold.
8. Now you need to open up the paper and fold it back on the creases you've must made......
9. ..... to form and 'L' shape.
10. Emboss all the dotted lines on the back of the piece.
11. Turn the corners back to shape the stocking.
When you've finished folding, use pieces of double-sided tape to stick all the flaps down at the back.
To make the candy cane:-
12. Cut out one of the candy cane pieces with a sharp craft knife and ruler.
13. Fold it roughly a third of the way over lengthways.
14. Then fold the last third.
15. Fold it to form the cane shape at the top.
16. Trim and shape the end of the cane with small scissors.
To make the present, cut out the green and red present piece, fold the 2 long sides back to meet each other at the back of the piece. Fold over the ends.
To finish the card:-
Cut out one of the teddies from the sheet with small scissors. Cut the line that's between the arm and the body of the bear so that it will hang over the edge of the stocking and put it into place.
Arrange the candy cane and present behind the stocking and stick them to the back of it with double-sided tape.
Add large sticky pads to the back of the piece and stick it to the card.
Add a greeting if required.