This is one of the more difficult origami makes (well, the head is anyway, the body's easy!) so it may take a little practise to get a nice, neat-looking head. Remember, accurate folding is essential so please take your time over it.
For this one print:-
A reindeer background onto medium-weight white card (160gsm Print Perfect is great for this)
The reindeer sheet onto quality white paper (Print Perfect 90 is just right)
The reindeer presents sheet onto white paper such as Print Perfect 90
To make the card:-
Stick one of the backgrounds onto a square card with double-sided tape. If you want to add a metallic card border, cut out one of the backgrounds without the border, stick the piece to metallic card and trim round with a craft knife and ruler before sticking it to the background with the border.
To make the origami reindeer:-
1. Cut out the face-part of the reindeer with a sharp craft knife and ruler.
2. Fold it vertically and unfold.
3. Fold it horizontally and leave folded.
4. Now put your thumb into the pocket created by the fold on the left-hand side and fold it flat on the centre-line to create a diamond.
5. Turn it over and it looks like this.
6. Repeat step 4 by putting your thumb into the pocket created on the left-hand side and flattening it down.
7. You will end up with a shape like this.
8. It will look like this when you open it out into a 3-dimensional shape.
9. Open up the face-part.....
10. .... and flatten it out.
11. Fold in one of the sides to the centre. A cocktail stick will help to get accurate points.
12. Repeat on the other side.
13. Now fold back the top point so that it looks like this, then open it out again.
14. It should now look like this.
15. Repeat steps 11 & 12 on the back of the piece, then unfold.
16. Now put down the piece so that the face-part is upwards and lift up the bottom point of the face, creasing it above the eyes on the fold that you just made.
17. Neatly flatten it out. You can see the face through the paper in the picture.
18. Use a cocktail stick to help you to get accurate points.
19. It will now look like this.
20. Fold down the face and it will look like this.
21. Now repeat steps 16-19 on the back of the piece.
22. There are dotted lines on the back - use an embossing tool and ruler to emboss these lines.
23. Fold up one of the sides on the angled dotted line.
24. Repeat on the other side.
25. Now fold the points back down so that it looks like this.
26. Now lift and pull out the side on the angled creased you've just made, inverting it as you go.
27. Repeat on the other side.
28. Turn the piece over and emboss the dotted lines on the back of the antlers with an embossing tool or similar.
29. Fold on these lines, creasing sharply. Also fold the top of the head over.
30. Fold the back parts of the reindeer head as shown.
31. Further fold and crease sharply the tops of the antlers. Use double-sided tape or tiny dabs of glue to hold the antlers and other parts in place.
If you don't like the creases on the face, cut out another reindeer-face piece, cut it to size and stick it over the folded origami one (cheating on the origami front but hey, it looks better!).
For the body:-
32. Cut out the body-square using a sharp craft knife and ruler.
33. Fold the piece diagonally as shown.
34. Emboss the dotted lines with an embossing tool or similar, then fold back the tail. Make sure the dotted lines don't show on the front of the piece.
35. Fold the tail as shown. Trim any white paper that's showing if necessary with a very sharp craft knife and ruler.
36. Fold back the paper on the long dotted line.
37. Fold both sides of the paper into the centre and stick both the tail and legs with double-sided tape.
38. Stick the head to the body with double-sided tape.
To complete the card:-
Stick the completed reindeer to the card with double-sided tape. Make him a scarf with gold pulling ribbon, felt or satin ribbon - whatever you happen to have.
The presents are made by taking each patterned present square and folding in each edge so that there are no raw edges. Stick these to the card with large sticky pads and add pulling ribbon as decoration.
Add a greeting if required.